Friday, 30 May 2014
Thursday, 29 May 2014
Wednesday, 28 May 2014
Tuesday, 27 May 2014
Well!! what a great weekend I had! Do you want to know about what I did in the weekend? I went to my brothers rugby game it was so fun.
My brother's team came to a lost . If he try to play for fun and not played around it will be a win but it was a lost. As long as the team tried.
Now you have about what I did in the weekend. Cheek back on my blog for more about my weekend. I wonder what you done in the weekend .
Friday, 23 May 2014
Thursday, 22 May 2014
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Monday, 19 May 2014
Thursday, 15 May 2014
A long time ago in Syracuse, Ancient Greece there was a great mathematician name Archimedes. One day when he was taking a bath he discovered something life changing. When he got in some water got displaced and it overflowed over the bath tub.
Archimedes discovery got him thinking. He was so excited that he ran through the streets without any clothes on shouting Eureka ! Eureka ! This meant that I have found it in greek.
He figure out if you put something in water and it is lighter than the among of water being displaced, the object will float. This is known as buoyancy or the Archimedes principle. So if the object can float it is buoyant.
he wants to be a fischman.
Qui Nhon is in Vietnam.
A thung chai is a Basket Boats
1. Help sort out the fish
2. Help drag it from the sea
It get into shape because it is pulled tight into a mould
It stay together because of the Strong fishing lines
The resin helps because it stops rotting in the sun .
- sort out the boats
-They use it to catch fish
-They practice rowing in the shallow water while their fathers watch.-They also use it for crab traps.
Wednesday, 14 May 2014
Thursday, 8 May 2014
At Grandma’s house the whau tree needed pruning .
Hundreds of brown Seeds rained from the prickly seed hill .
LI: Use the text to find clues.
1. At Grandma’s house the whau tree needed pruning .
Polishing pruning prodding pedalling
2. Hundreds of brown Seeds rained from the prickly seed hill .
Seeds seal head hill herd half
3. They save the seeds because the possum have been eating the seedlings.
Possum posh parrot cows
4. The dead wood was very easy to saw and they decide to make a raft
The Lightest Wood in the World
Raft break saw boat seed
5. They used a Lawn for the sail. They put lemons on the rafts to see
how many they would carry before they sank .
Lawn sink leaf sank seal
6. Mikarere thought that their raft would win because it is more strong .
Stable strong lighter colourful
7. Maori used to use the Whau wood to make rafts and floats for fishing nets.
Whau whanau whitu fishing frog
Tuesday, 6 May 2014
In the weekend I went to my cousins house. My cousin’s name is Jenny. I went to their house to see the new born baby, it is a girl. I went in a car to their house.
Do you want to known where I went when the baby was born? I went to my uncle's house. I was so overjoyed that we went there. Me and my cousins were so jolly.
“The baby was born at 3:15 pm, that is late”. I said to my mum. She is so cute. "I was so jolly to see her". I said to my mum
Now there you have it. I was overjoyed over all. I most enjoyed seeing the baby. I hope next time that the baby won't cry on me.
WALT: Use the text to find information, and make inferences.
1. Pruning mean's that it needs fixing or cleaning
2. Grandma want to save the seeds Because possums have been eating the seedlings in the bush.
3. That it was the lightest wood in the world and that it is nice’s and dead
4. Because it was the Lightest Wood
5. Because the brown is dead and the green one is fresh
6. Which raft do you think will float better and why? because it is lighter they the other ones.
7. Dry whau raft: floated high in the water
Green whau raft: slightly below
Pine raft:s It just sank