Friday, 27 June 2014
Thursday, 26 June 2014
Walt:Analyze and inference texts for deeper understanding.
Why is phrase used? People say that because they like seeing there everyday
A spritsail a sail that the wind control.
Because if the bottom is flat that means it is bounty.
Because it is special them and something they have been using for years.
Why would this make it a good day for testing their boat?Squalls are storms and rain and wind that helps the extra boats and that the big cast of wind can give them boost.
So it could stay bounty and so that they will flip.
they are towards the direction wind is coming from.
Away from the direction.
Blogger: Screenshot an image of their boat using this link. Post to your blog with a few sentences retelling the story.
Thursday, 19 June 2014
1. The optimist designed is made of fibreglass.
2. The optimist designed is made for younger people they 15.
3. The optimist designed was made for kids who want to learn how to ride a optimist designed.
4. An optimist designed weights
5.So when they do to be in the Olympians they will know how to sail.
6. To people who want to know how to sail.
Thursday, 12 June 2014
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
My pretty little sister is name Maddison. She is the most funniest baby. You can never guess what she does to the will? Well I can tell you she hits her giant heard on the will. I care about her and she is funny. Sometime she is naughty. But I love her no matter what . Maddiosn is as pretty as a rose.
My mum is the most jolly mum you can ever dream of. She will always care about me because she is the best mum in the world. My caring mum is a good cooker she makes the best food in the world. She helps me whenever I need help she helps me because that the way she is . I will always love her to the moon and back. I am so over the moon that I have a lovely mum. My mum is as sweet as a bee honey.
Monday, 9 June 2014
WALT: Analyse surface features and the language used. Look beyond the text - Inferencing
1. UNFURL - Find out the meaning of this word and then write a sentence of your own to show the meaning. Make or become spread out from a rolled.
2. How do you tell which way the wind is coming from?
which side of your neck feels cold.
3. Can you think of a another way of finding out? Ask a classmate to test out your theory.
Get anything light and let it go and it will float
4. What makes the Optimist so sturdy, safe and unsinkable? Explain your answer: The middle of the boat helps the boat from tipping
5. Make as many smaller words as you can from the words ‘Optimist Sailing Dinghies’:
6. Find the meaning of each of these sailing related words:
It is system kind of rop.
Sail means when you travel somewhere
It is a flat prices near the stern.
It means a boat’s rudder post and used for steering
A pivoted board that can be lowered.