WALT: Analyse surface features and the language used. Look beyond the text - Inferencing
1. UNFURL - Find out the meaning of this word and then write a sentence of your own to show the meaning. Make or become spread out from a rolled.
2. How do you tell which way the wind is coming from?
which side of your neck feels cold.
3. Can you think of a another way of finding out? Ask a classmate to test out your theory.
Get anything light and let it go and it will float
4. What makes the Optimist so sturdy, safe and unsinkable? Explain your answer: The middle of the boat helps the boat from tipping
5. Make as many smaller words as you can from the words ‘Optimist Sailing Dinghies’:
6. Find the meaning of each of these sailing related words:
It is system kind of rop.
Sail means when you travel somewhere
It is a flat prices near the stern.
It means a boat’s rudder post and used for steering
A pivoted board that can be lowered.