Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Trade and enterprise

W.A.L.T: Add one main idea pre paragraph.
This term our whole topic is about trade and enterprise! For our topic we have broken up into 6 different groups. Trade and enterprise is all about learning how to create products of our own and selling them for a profit. Profit means that you sell your product for more than you made it for. So for example, if I made a key ring and it cost 5 dollars and I sold it for 8 dollars I will be making a profit of 3 dollars.

Last Friday we had a trade fair. A trade fair is different to a market because a trade fair is when you are trying to make a lot of orders and showing customers what your product is going to look like. It’s like if you go to a market there already have the things there.

I was picked to be in the custom group. In my group we can make anything we want that is stationary. First before we got started of what we were going to do first we had to get into groups of 3-4. In my group I have 4 people and there are Me, Patricia, Aliyah and Sulieti. In my group we are creating name labels for you to put on whatever you want, like your chromebook or tote trays.

Our teachers also planned for us to learn about currency. Do you know what currency is? Well currency is another word for money. Our money is called PT’s. If I had one PT and turn it into New Zealand money it will be double the value. So, it will be 2 dollars and 2 PT will make 4 New Zealand dollars.




I’m really excited about our market day coming up in week 8! We are hoping to make lots of PTs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.